Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm in Love with a Stripper

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 11:34 PM
I'm in Love with a Stripper by AustinDangerPowers
My roommate dragged me to a strip club. She flirted because it was her job. Before 5 minutes had passed, I was in love.
Banner Credit: Casey

Rosie Thinks: I was hesitant to try this at first, but now I highly recommend it. It makes for a cute, funny read, where it's the geeky boy and the hot girl. I like how the cliche has been reversed, and the author has pulled that off well. She kept me hooked with totally original situations and didn't let my attention wander for a moment. The characters were beautiful, every one of them, with their own individual personalities. Jean is naive and very sweet while Lilly is much more outgoing and vivacious.

Jean meets Lilly at a strip club (where she works) that he was dragged to by his roommate. He falls for her straightaway and then he starts running into her around the university campus. The chemistry is there from the start and their conversations are interesting and cute. Their relationship didn't feel boring or old as the end got closer. It's so hard to keep it all fresh but AustinDangerPowers (love the name) has pulled it off.

I thought it was very well written with perfect punctuation, which is always a relief. There is a good balance of description with dialogue. There are the odd misspelt words, but other than that she writes very fluently. However, some chapters seem to just cut off mid-conversation so I would suggest rounding them off a bit better. All in all, it was a very enjoyable read that I wouldn't mind reading twice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea