Saturday, June 2, 2012

Girls, Boys, and Other Enigmas

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 3:04 PM
Girls, Boys, and Other Enigmas by Mishaps
"Your mom wants me to impregnate you?" I pause. "Yes," I answer honestly. "She thinks you're dreamy and has deemed you well equipped for the job." Kent laughs. "Well that's true. I think I can be pretty sufficient in that area of service."
Banner Credit: Casey

Melissa Thinks: A definite ball of fluff, “Girls, Boys and Other Enigmas” might just be one of the cutest one shots I’ve read yet! It begins when a pair of teenagers crash into the MC’s father’s car. Needless to say, her father is a bit peeved. As a punishment one of the boys, Kent, has been ordered to essentially become a maid in their home. A big nuisance for me is when the author doesn’t give the reader and the main characters enough time to settle in together, get used to each other, and learn more about one another before they head right into the romance. However with this story, Miss Haps provides a lengthy and correctly paced one shot which supplies the reader with a realistic view on the building of a relationship. The characters start out as practically strangers, grow to become best friends, and eventually they get involved. I loved the humor and the quirky dialogue that this story incorporated. Jill’s awkward and sometimes naive behavior was amusing, making her interactions with Kent all the more fun. It’s certainly a story worth checking out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea