Monday, July 9, 2012

Heart Lotion SPF 20

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 1:34 PM
The moment Honey Smith sets foot in South Merritt Academy, she unknowingly becomes the target of an unspoken challenge, setting into motion a self-fulfilling prophecy that will forever change the lives of South Merritt's Elite Five.
Banner Credit: marta

Melissa Thinks: Amy has been bugging me for months to read Heart Lotion SPF 20 and until now I had no intention to. What was wrong with me? I can safely say that this is my new favorite story ever. Honey has her fair share of quirks, which eventually gains the attention of The Elite Five. They’re the five hottest guys in school, but there seems to be mystery hidden within them. Something is definitely deeper than what meets the eye. Honey just might find out what that is.

I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading this. Heart Lotion carries that great voice that we've all come to associate with Vena Cava. She gives clichéd character types spice and flare that made them all three dimensional. Vena continues to stay so in character the whole story, even through the numerous POV switches that we encounter which makes the switches encouraged instead of dreaded. I think this story is like no other. It caught my attention better than any other Supernatural story I’ve read so far. Especially because it definitely could double as a Humor story as it seems to be filled with witty dialogue and inner monologue. The updates are a little on the slow side, but you know what? Who cares. This story is worth it. I’m willing to say this is one of the best FP stories of all time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea