Saturday, July 28, 2012

Just a Tad

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 12:37 PM



Since the posting of this review, this story has been removed from FictionPress by the author.
Just a Tad by xoxluurve
“Aw, c’mon, Kee, you angry?” He smiled cheekily. “I’ll make it up to you, I promise. Three Kit Kat bars?” Damn. He took out the big guns. “Fine.” I snatched the bars before he could make me beg. “But only because I’m low on supplies.”
Banner Credit: Casey

Melissa Thinks: This is the longest one-shot I've ever read in my entire life. You think I'm kidding, but wait until you read it. Kea lives in the shadow of her controlling, selfish best friend Avery. Avery always gets what she wants, including boys who seem to kiss the very ground she walks on. Then we have Dale, an ex-boyfriend of Avery's who wants her back and so he enlists the help of Kea. He plans to fake date Kea in order to make his ex jealous, however Kea has a secret. She's in love with Dale and watching him try to crawl back into the arms of her best friend just might be the thing that breaks her.

At first, the length of this obviously was intimidating to me. I thought there was no way in hell I was gonna finish this. Then I started reading and my perspective shifted. The length is no problem once you get sucked into Kea's story (which happens within the first five minutes of reading, I assure you). xoxluurve created a unique little bunch of characters. For example, Avery is no angel although around others she seems to be. She's actually kind of a bitch, but in the end you can see a clear change in her and it seems her's and Kea's friendship is stronger than ever. The writing was of course wonderful as is expected of xoxluurve (what a legend). The dialogue was so cute and funny; a real joy to read. And who can forget Kea and Dale, our main couple? Absolutely adorable. I cherished every single scene between them. It may be a tad lengthy, but that just makes it even more satisfying to reach the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea