Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Private Lives, Public Property

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 4:57 PM


Since the posting of this review, this story has been removed from FictionPress by the author.
It's not easy to pretend you're in love for the sake of teenagers and housewives across the country but top footballer Lucas Goodspeed and shy, romantic Isobel Saunders soon discover that convincing themselves that they're not in love might be even harder
Banner Credit: Melissa

Rosie Thinks: I'm not going to lie - I have a special spot in my heart for star123 because she's Australian, writing about AFL, and is such a terrific writer. This story has an astounding amount of reviews but I believe it deserves every one of them, and I'm glad to think that so many others share my love for this story. I like to think of 'Private Lives, Public Property' as a cliche on speed - it takes the 'fake-dating' scenario and raises it to a new level, by adding in Lucas' infamy as a famous footballer. And no, not soccer, but AFL, which I've never seen another author on fictionpress write about. But don't be afraid if you don't know what it is, as star123 explains it so well throughout the story that it's hard to be confused.

Her writing throughout the whole story is clear, descriptive and incredibly eloquent. There is a perfect balance between dialogue and description, which allows the reader to picture vividly in their mind what is going on. The situations are all original and well thought out. Everyone's motivations and all the scenarios were plausible and real to me. The characters each had their individual personalities and, of course, both Lucas and Isobel were downright loveable. Their chemistry was apparent from the beginning and made their encounters all the more interesting and thrilling to read about.

My only criticism would be that the amount of paparazzi surrounding Lucas was a bit unrealistic, as he is only a footballer. But star123 has acknowledged this so I saw little problem with it after that. This story, overall, is one that will hook you in from the beginning and make you go through a roller coaster of emotions, ie making you want to yell at your screen like I did (in a good way, of course).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea