Saturday, February 16, 2013

Virtuoso

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 6:47 PM

I loved him like a symphony that soared inside my brain. I loved him, how I loved him, and his music kept me sane... A poem about falling in love with a musician.
Banner Credit: Melissa

Melissa Thinks: I'll be the first one to admit that I hate poetry. I don't know why, but from a young age it was engrained in my brain that poetry = boring, bad, stupid. Fast forward to today. Looking through mass hoards of online poetry for my dear friend Helen, this poem imediately stood out to me. At first, I was unsure of why. I didn't like poetry, right? But as I scrolled down the page of this beautifully crafted work of art, I realized that sometimes there can be an exception to the rule.

his terrible beauty writes poetry like no other; her words are dipped in gold and coated in a fine dust of multidimensional awesome. The poem is like a tootsie pop--smooth and sweet on the outside, gooey and filled with deliciousness on the inside. The author does more than spout random flowery words at you, she spins a story that captures you with it's simplicity and a steady tempo that keeps you engrossed until the very last syllable. "Virtuoso", both a SKoW and a La Campanella winner, is surely one that can convert even the most skeptical of poetry into a raving fan. Take it from me: this is one you'll surely want to read.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I actually wrote this poem, and have just come across your website. Just wanted to say thank you for the kind words- Virtuoso is one of the first poems I ever wrote, and it has a special place in my heart.

    Abbi
    (his terrible beauty)

    ReplyDelete

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea