Saturday, May 18, 2013

Little Miss Perfect

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 8:44 AM

“How about a movie? Saturday night? Just you and me.” I scowled. “How about you get the hell off my desk before I kick your fat ass off it?” He grinned at me, unfazed. “You just can’t get enough of my ass, can you?” 
Banner Credit: Anita Darling

Melissa Thinks: If you’re looking for a stunningly written one shot with an equally stunningly written love/hate relationship, then your search is over. “Little Miss Perfect” by candii-apple is a classic among one shots. It’s one of those crazy “he-loves-me-but-I’m-too-stubborn-to-realize-it” plots that we never tire of (except when badly written, which is not the case in this instance).

Bronwyn has hated Lucas since the beginning of time - or so she says - and even though he’s attractive, funny, and obviously into her, she will never admit that she has feelings for him. Not only does she find him incredibly annoying, but she also seems to take every single chance she gets to push him farther and farther away from her. With a pushy best friend, and an even pushier love interest, there’s no way Bronwyn can ignore her feelings any longer.

It’s cute, classy, funny, heartwarming, and just the right amount of fluff to fill your daily requirement. It’s so easy to get into this one shot and so easy to love it. In terms of grammar and syntax, it was practically perfect in every way. There were no awkward sentences, no instances of stiff dialogue, and nothing so cliche that it was unbelievable. After finishing this one shot, my mood was immediately lifted, and that's my favorite thing about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea