Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Never Let Me Go

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 2:58 PM
Every summer, Juliet and I would set aside a say just to do the things we feared doing. When that day would be, I would never really know, until day itself when Juliet would come knocking on our door. And after that day - for the rest of the year - we would relapse to our passive, almost non-existent relationship. That's what I meant when I said we were complicated and weird.
Banner Credit: Annie

Marta Thinks: What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the name Juliet? That's the question posed to you in the first line of "Never Let Me Go". The
answer used to be simple - easy: Juliet from Shakespeare's play. But after reading this piece, I have an inkling that this one shot might come to mind as well.

The story has such incredible depth. The plot line instantly draws you in - because it's just so original and well thought of. It also helped to reflect what sort of person Juliet was (actions do speak louder than words). It was also interesting to read the one-shot from a male point of view and Leanah.C managed to do it in such a way that it almost seemed effortless. I think the only thing that caught me out was the mix of past and present tense, but I don't think there was really any other way to write the piece.

To quote the person who suggested this one-shot (in slightly altered words): "The themes of abuse and human fragility can't be missed in this story. But,more than that, the conclusion that love can conquer such weaknesses, makes it such a beautiful and inspiring read." I really, honestly and truly couldn't have said it better myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea