Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Fate and Laundry Soap

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 11:03 AM
She looked like any other student, except it was Friday night and she was sitting on a washer reading Sociology instead of partying. Maybe that's why he noticed her. They claim it was fate. 
Banner Credit: Melissa


Ali Thinks: It's stories like "Fate and Laundry Soap" that make me love short and sweet one-shots so much. Despite the fact that they all make be super jealous of my super dreary life, I just adore them to death, and reading "Fate and Laundry Soap" has only solidified the adoration.

On a Friday night, Adam happens upon a girl doing her laundry on a Friday night and reading a sociology book. He's not the most suave at starting a conversation with her, but that's okay, we like a slightly clumsy tête-à-tête (especially one with a cute musician, holla).

Like most short one-shots, there isn't a lot of depth to it. That being said, it's definitely on the lighthearted and fluffy side, not the pointless and why-did-I-just-read-that side. To be honest, that's what I liked most about it; it's a short, happy story that is guaranteed to get a little smile on even the most stoic of faces.

I do have to say, though, after reading this one-shot, all I want is for someone to buy me a sociology book and point me to the nearest Laundromat next Friday.

But seriously.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea