Sunday, November 24, 2013

throttle and base

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 6:00 PM
throttle and base by ellison
i wanted to burn bright, a falling star. but i'm disintegrating in the clouds of your breath, bone-thin, exhausted & starving for control.
Banner Credit: Ali

Marta Thinks: I've read this poem I don't know how many times, and yet I'm still entranced by it every time I read it, picking out new imagery, making it linger in my mind, and letting the melodic words roll off my lips. ellision writes beautifully, and what is particularly amazing about it is that she doesn't add words because they sound nice, but because they make sense. I love that.

"throttle and base" is meant to be a collection, but even though ellision may never add any other poems, this stand-alone is lovely on its own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea