Friday, December 23, 2011

The Love Conundrum

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 12:50 PM
The Love Conundrum by Tamaria
I can't fall asleep at night because I'm always thinking about him. And when I fall asleep, even in my dreams, he's there. Forget the fact that he's interested in someone else. I think I might be in love with him. I'm such an idiot.
Banner Credit: Amy

Annie Thinks: "The Love Conundrum" is a very short one-shot about a nameless girl in love with a nameless guy. Even though it's only 1,663 words, there were several moments that made me go, "Wait--that happens to otherpeople too?" The main character switches schools in one of the first parts of the story and only one person asks her about it--her guy, who only sees her as a friend, if that. This, I think, was one of the events that made this story so relatable. The main character got that hopeless, helpless feeling of being alone and uncared for, which the author captured so brilliantly. And when she stumbles across his blog, which talked about the girl heloved, the author, once again, portrayed the emotions in a believeable yet simple way that left me feeling empty in a very good way. 
My favorite line was: "I'm glad he found someone that makes him feel the way I feel about him." That, to me, was like a punch in the stomach because it showed both how strongly the main character felt about him and how one's happiness is another person's misery. Overall, this story was just a good read that, even though it didn't have a happy ending, still leaves the reader feeling satisfied and fulfilled. Tamaria takes a superficial, scoffed-at topic and turns it into the distressing, heart-wrenching experience it really is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea