Saturday, February 11, 2012

From Harvard to Whoredom

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 10:33 AM



From Harvard to Whoredom by Midnight.Moonlight.Mirage
"I'm not going to fuck you," He whispered, "I'm going to kiss every part of your body until you're begging for me to be inside you. And then," he continued while licking the shell of my ear, "I'm going to make love to you until you faint."
Banner Credit: Jacky

Rosie Thinks: Although I was a bit hesitant to start reading this, I'm glad I did. It starts off with Sahara running away from a man and driving into a random car, which happens to belong to Gabriel De'Angelo, a famous movie star. And onwards from there, the author writes a riveting story which I didn't want to end. Each character is developed well and distinctly. Sahara is strong and despite her horrible past, still has an undertone of innocence. She's understandable and has a striking character. I really like how despite Sahara being a prostitute, the author has given her a very interesting and understandable past. Gabriel is just plain lovely, especially with the 'knight-in-shining-armour' complex he's got going on. They have a beautiful love story which goes through ups and downs and just about every emotion there is! 

Most romances stop once the two protagonists get together but this one continues, and it's not at all boring. She integrates newspaper articles and interviews into the story very well with the right tone. There are little mistakes here and there but this can easily be fixed with editing. Also, I found that the time jumps closer to the end are a bit too sudden and vast. Other than that, however, the story is written with true feeling that easily draws the reader in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea