Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bad Moon Rising

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 9:30 PM

Since the posting of this review, this story has been removed from FictionPress by the author.

Bad Moon Rising by The Burning Roses
Lone wolf Hannah Madison never expected to find a werewolf pack in the Lake District - nor did she expect the attentions of two male werewolves, let alone a murderous rogue.
Banner Credit: Melissa

Melissa Thinks: At fourteen Hannah was bitten by a werewolf. With only the brief guidance of werewolf hunter, her and here family are left on their own to discover what Hannah is going to do with her life. When her family moves, she's surprised to find a pack already living there; and they don't much like the idea of a lone wolf like Hannah in their territory. So what do they do? Invite her to join, of course. Due to the lack of females in their tight knit pack, they have no choice. She's never been in a pack before and not only do things feel strange to her, but everything seems to be getting weird. With a rogue wolf on the prowl, a love triangle brewing, and having to choose a mate, what will she do?

I think this was one of the first stories I read on Fictionpress. When I first read it I thought it was the most amazing werewolf story I'd ever read. Several years later, my opinion still hasn't changed. I'm not a big fan of love triangles. In face, I loathe them, but the LT between Hannah, Adam, and Andrew was amazing because both guys (and all the characters, for that matter) were so well written and presented that it didn't matter to me. I felt like this story had a great balance between supernatural, romance, and mystery. And the writing, oh gosh the writing. It's fantastic: great amount of detail, fleshed out characters, lovely dialogue. Bad Moon Rising really is the whole package.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea