Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Boy Who Talks to God

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 8:52 PM
Whatever God told him to do, he did. Giving away his shoes, taking punches, befriending outcasts. Even turning his back on love...and on me.
Banner Credit: Casey

Rosie Thinks: I think I became hooked on this story from the summary alone. This story is completely different from anything I've ever read before and utterly original. The plot touches on so many different emotions. The relationship between Ally and Nate is sweet and lovely, yet there are parts where you just want to cry or even laugh alongside Ally. I truly felt for Ally - in love with her best friend who is convinced he can hear God and is doing His work. I know it sounds a bit crazy but trust me, it does not come across this way in the story.

I don't consider myself a very religious person, but I found the views presented in this story to be fascinating and not off-putting at all. Unbridled has such an in depth knowledge of many of the topics present in this story, like religion, 'Sharghistan', and horse riding, so it made it that much more interesting. Especially for me - as a horse rider myself - I found that all of what she wrote about dressage was accurate.

I love how this story touches on so much more than just the relationship between Ally and Nate. The parts on Sharghistan (which is a pseudonym for a real country) were so emotionally touching and beautifully written that it also made me want to cry!Unbridled's writing flows, so you can't help but be caught up in her words and continue on to the next chapter. It was gentle, yet powerful at the same time. Although it does have a large amount of chapters, don't be daunted as it is a gripping story of love, religion and loss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea