Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Little Light Gothic

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 7:37 PM




Since the posting of this review, this story has been removed from FictionPress by the author.

A Little Light Gothic by Tawny Owl
Juliet Malling is an heiress with a talent for trouble. Mark Birling is trouble. Trouble from his deep, brown eyes to his very long legs, and that's even before she sees him without his clothes on. A story of love, lies and learning to be naked.
Banner Credit: Melissa

Melissa Thinks: A Little Light Gothic by Tawny Owl is a dark toned, historical fantasy tale bursting with lust, depravity, and mystery. A fantasy with mixes of supernatural in it, this story give readers a little taste of both sides of the category. Juliet Malling is to be married to the handsome Captain Larkfield so, why is she so enamored with the strange, mysterious Mark Birling? Not everything with him is as it seems, and her association with him is bringing her the wrong kind of attention.

I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading A Little Light Gothic. Tawny Owl's writing is fantastic; she always stays in character and never forgets that the world she's writing about is not our present one. Juliet is a well written character, just a mischievous girl who wants to be free from the restrictions of the life she was born into. She seemed to be quite relatable. The mystery behind Mr. Birling was intriguing and added to their characters.

There were some grammatical mistakes here and there, but nothing too huge. And the names did get confusing for me at times, as I'm not quite used to the whole Lady and Lord thing but for those who are well versed in the happenings of historical fics, this should be no problem. Also I should mention that for me the format of the story, with the short paragraphs that were quite spaced out, made it hard to read sometimes. Although that might be just me, so don't let it stop you. I had my doubts about this story at first, but it turned out to be a deep, dark, sensual read that satiated my supernatural needs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea