Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Web of Lies

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 1:21 AM
Enter the group: a popular clique with secrets that would make new girl, Lynne, turn in her grave. They're lying, scheming, and cruel to the core. She's irresistably drawn to the moody Denny, but is he playing with her too?
Banner Credit: Amy

Rosie Thinks: Now this story starts off like any old high school romance - Lynne is the new girl at a school where the high and mighty popular group rules. But as the story goes on, you learn it is so much more than that (and I know I say that a lot, but I really mean it now!). This popular group seems to have the whole town twisted around their little finger and I found myself burning with curiosity to find out how, as much as Lynne was.

When I first started reading it, I'd only intended to skim through the first chapter - fifteen chapters later, I was without a doubt hooked and didn't want to put it down. Polished Gem creates so much suspense that you are compelled to keep on reading. Her writing flows and it kept me hooked to see where the plot would go next. Speaking of the plot, it is absolutely original and so different from every other high school story that I've read. The story just develops out of all proportions and has these well thought out twists and turns.

The chemistry between Denny and Lynne is plain amazing and I liked how the story didn't just focus on their developing relationship. It was super interesting to read about, mind you, but it was also intriguing to read about everyone else in the story too, as the characters are all well developed. Plus, they all seemed realistic in their flaws and their entire personalities. Denny and Lynne made for a perfect couple in my books, as not everything was rainbows and butterflies between them - they had realistic fights. All in all, this story was amazing and definitely deserved the SKoW award it won!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea