Saturday, August 4, 2012

Befuzzled

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 1:52 PM
Befuzzled by Mailai
There is a man in my bed. A very gorgeous, totally out-of-my-league man. Some sort of Greek Adonis, if you will... Is this a movie?
Banner Credit: Casey

Helen Thinks: I’m going to be honest with you all, I usually hate stories that state the heroine is ‘fat’ when actually it means she’s a beautiful healthy curvy size and I usually close it down, without reading any further. However, this isn’t the case for “Befuzzled” by Mailai and that’s because it’s not written in a whiney, I-hate-my-life kind of way but in a way that I bet ninety percent of the female population will be able to relate to.

In my opinion, the strength of this story is Mailai’s character building writing that will leave all writers green with envy. Jane, our protagonist, is like any other college student. She knows she’s not fat but at the same time, she knows she’s not perfect so often ponders on how she’s managed to find herself in bed with Hunter, the hottest guy on campus. Mailai hits the female emotion of never feeling good enough in a cute, comical way through the way Jane constantly worries that Hunter is only with her as a bet – because don’t we all have that fear at time? – even though he’s always there to tell her that’s not the reason.

Even though this story is slightly cliché, I believe Mailai has delivered it in such a fashion that you don’t even notice and has you falling in love with Hunter right alongside Jane. Trust me, you’re going to read this and wish there was a Hunter in your life – I know I was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea