Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Cupcake Slut

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 11:10 AM

The Cupcake Slut by most likely fried
She's just the sweet girl who sells cupcakes. He's just the charming guy who buys them. She has a crush. He has something up his sleeve.
Banner Credit: Amy

Rosie Thinks: This story is interesting from the start, drawing you in at the first chapter. It's an insanely adorable story about the relationship between Elle and Pat. Elle and Pat's relationship is rare and different from so many others I've read about, mainly because of the open honesty. They were truly amazing to read about together, as it was hard to guess what would happen next.

It's in Elle's perspective and her voice was very strong, making her quite unique but not overly out of the ordinary. I like how none of the characters fall into any overused stereotypes - for example Elle's five older brothers aren't super overprotective but react in a more normal way (from my experience of having three older brothers). Pat was just plain beautiful, and I can't tell you how much I loved the fact that their relationship was based on laughter (and honesty, as I mentioned before).

The chapters are detailed and eventful, so much so that after the first chapter, it felt like I was up to the fifth one. The writing is flawless and easy to read. When I first started this story, I thought it would be just enormous balls of fluff, but for such a short story it has a really good plot line and a bit of a twist that I didn't expect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea