Sunday, November 4, 2012

How to Move On

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 2:24 PM

After being dumped, I was told by my best friend that the best way to move on is to have a rebound. So I kissed a stranger just to get it out of my system. The next thing I know, I'm seeing this guy practically everywhere I go.
Banner Credit: Melissa

Rosie Thinks: Like the summary suggests, after being dumped by her boyfriend for his ex, Kayla is a mess. Her best friend suggests she gets with a N.A.H.G - next available hot guy - and, surprise surprise, she sees him everywhere around New York after that. Nick not only goes to the same university as her, but he's also starring in a new TV show.

I have to say, the set up for this story may have been seen before, but all the scenarios were totally original and interesting. Nick seems like an adorable gentleman who's genuinely interested in our MC Kayla. Kayla is stubborn but balanced out by her two best friends, who are also downright hilarious.

There are only a handful of mistakes and the only criticism I have is that her best friend Whitney could use some fleshing out as a character. All I'm getting from her is that she's the ridiculously hot best friend whom Kayla is slightly jealous of, which has been seen so many times before and is a let down in an otherwise original story. I was hesitant about adding this since it only has 5 chapters, but I decided that it's already coming along extraordinarily well and think that it definitely needs some recognition!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea