Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Last November Sky

Posted by A Drop of Romeo at 4:37 PM

In a foster home designed for teenagers with supernatural abilities, a young man with anti-social disorder who can read minds attempts to keep the love of his life safe from an agency that plans to harness superhuman teenagers as models for destructive future armies.

Marta Thinks: After reading the first few chapters of this story, I could already tell that The Way You Are is a very skilled storyteller because Last November Sky is a beautifully written story. I have to admit that the first few chapters are a little bit of an information dump but I can't think of any other way it could have been written. Additionally, whilst it always takes a bit of time to adapt to a new universe, The Way You Are managed to pull it off easily. Nothing was confusing at all.

Characterization is a very strong point in this story as well. The two main characters - Dillon and Lindi - are incredibly realistic and likable. Their relationship was something that you can't help but root for. I found that the other characters, such as Morris, Allan and Gable are very thought out as well. I also liked how their powers sort of define them and how not everyone is as they seem. But I think I'll leave it there. I don't want to spoil the rest of the story.

The only thing I might have to point out though, before anyone starts reading it, is that there are pretty strong scenes in here (hence, the M rating). I wouldn't see that as a big issue though. Last November Sky is worth reading even if some parts are quite explicit.


And all I'm left to say is: Thank goodness this story is complete, or else I don't think I would have managed waiting for each new chapter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Drop of Romeo Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea